RE: [OM] Dismantling an OM1

Subject: RE: [OM] Dismantling an OM1
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:54:22 -0700
Mike Ferguson said...

>Hey there, all,

>Have been lurking on here for a while, and now have a question I hope
you'll
>be able to help me out with.  I recently picked up a bargain OM1 (not an
n),
>which has some fungus (well, some nasty green stuff of some description!)
>inside the lower edge of the viewfinder.  So I want to take the top off and
>clean this stuff off if I can.

Mike;

Actually, sounds like it may be prism separation.  In that case, it's not a
disassemble and clean proposition, it's a replace the pentaprism
proposition.  Pht.  Alliterating without trying.  In either case, you're in
territory I'd never tread.  Off to John or Clint I'd send the hobbled body.

I'm sure you'll get much input on the nuances of removing the top and
venturing on.  Just my 0.02 worth.

Oh, and welcome to the list from lurk mode.