[OM] Back on vacation, on topic

Subject: [OM] Back on vacation, on topic
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:17:53 -0400 (EDT)
Cc:
I finally came back from much anticipated vacation in St. Louis, MO.  My wife
is from there and also my parents live there.   We have a lot of friends and
the weather was good at the beginning?
This is the good part.
The bad part is that I wish I had something good to say about St. Louis?I never
liked it and also my wife could not wait to leave.  Then all this friends and
relatives shit could be a burden.  Everyone wants to see you, but last time I
checked, there was only 24hr in one day cycle?I did not know that you can
develop flu-like symptoms from lack of sleep, I guess there is first time for
everything.
We drove.  This gave me a chance to show them the first place I ever lived in
US and the first place where I ever worked here.  This was in the city of
Mariemont, OH.  Some think of it as a suburbia of Cincinnati.  Moose, if I were
you, I would immediately move there.  It is the most beautiful town in US.  If
ever in the area, give yourself a favor and take the time to visit.  And the
most beautiful part about it:  people actually live there and it is not a
tourist trap.  Highly recommended A+++++++++.
Back to St. Louis.  By the end, the usual weather came back and this added to
the flu-like symptoms added to the feeling of misery, which was expected, since
we were in the state of Missouri.  You, the European members, will not
understand this now, coz this year is much hotter than usual, but you do not
know how blessed you are.  The weather is one of the many things I miss from
home?and the most important, no humidity.   What you experience this summer is
the usual here even in CT, where the awful weather became nicer a few days ago.
 If you never experienced humidity, you would not understand.  Even when
colder, it makes you feel miserable?
OM content:
Ha, I bet you thought that I was going to tell you how many times I used my
camera?yes I will, but also have some more..
I used my camera 0 times, but I wrote all this crap, because I want to share my
opinion on the proposed changes to this list you discussed, while I was on
vacation.
Here is what I think:
I think trying to change it, would bring its quick demise, unlike the slow
painful death of the OM system.  I am a member since 1997 and remember what it
was and unlike most of the members who have been on it even longer, I think
that it has adapted to the current conditions (I also remember Vert and Toki?).
The reason I would keep it as it is (and why I wrote all this OT above):  The
better the members know each other, the more trust you have?I?ll leave up to
you to make a list of benefits this brings?mine is pretty long.
Ciao
Boris