Re: [OM] Stop Down Metering

Subject: Re: [OM] Stop Down Metering
From: fred42@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:41:12 -0400
Hi there Jeff,

Thanks for your help.

Would I be correct in saying that in practical terms I stop the lens down to
the aperture I need and then set the shutter speed to get the meter as normal
to between the +/- and then shoot?

If that is the case it makes me wonder what is happening mechanically with an
auto-diaphragm lens. I understand the lens communicates its setting back to the
body via a lever but if that lever is not in use with the manual diaphragm lens
how does the meter know what is going on?

Or am I getting confused?

Dan.