[OM] [OT] Leica Equipment

Subject: [OM] [OT] Leica Equipment
From: "Chris Barrett" <drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:18:09 +0100
Cc: "OM list" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Dear John,

Congratulations, that sounds like a superFang!

There is one Leitz copy stand I know of  which is almost identical to the
olympus one, i.e. a collar into which screw a set of legs the length of
which can be varied by assembling the sections. I think it also has
corresponding extension tubes which fit between the lens and camera body to
set the magnification. The other one sounds like yours, but I've not seen
one in the flesh. I have a picture (in Theo Kisselbach, "The Leica CL", p56)
which shows the CL mounted on the top of the extension tube (dark grey) and
a lens and conical slotted lens hood on the bottom. In the base of the stand
is what looks like a stamp which is being copied. By the side is a longer
grey tube which I think is the extension for other magnification.

I suspect your copying stand has lost the other extension sections (to which
the A, B & C refer).

The text doesn't say much but it refers to "the DIN-A4, DIN A-5 and DIN A-6
close up accesories (16526) of the M system". My 1975 M system catalogue
shows this as the four leg device like the OM version.

I can send you a photocopy of the picture in the CL book if this would help.
And if you want to test the stand/lens I'd be delighted to help!

Chris

John Duggan" <>
Subject: Re: [OM] OM  Leica Equipment (long)

Lens is made in Canada Summicron M f2 camera lens pre 1994 black
enamel..mint -.   Macro stand?  says Leitz Wetzlar..graduated 1:3 =A, 1:2
=A+B, 1:1.5 =A+C, 1:1 =A+D.....also mint -...but perhaps with something
missing