Re: [OM] Sigma 600mm F8 Mirror Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma 600mm F8 Mirror Lens
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:27:31 -0700 (PDT)
This guy only has it half right - you have to make the hole off axis
so it is not in line with the central obstruction of the secondary
mirror as I stated in my previous post.  This increases the effective
f ratio and will increase the DOF - it has to since the f ratio is
increased.  This works well for larger astro scopes, but the
practicality is limited in the camera lens due to the small space
between the secondary mirror and the edge of the corrector lens.

=====
Don Shedrick

http://groups.msn.com/firstlightimaging