Re: [OM] another reason to love OM

Subject: Re: [OM] another reason to love OM
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:42:29 -0700
Kathy,
If your aperature is preset so that the resulting shutter speed is above 1/60 you don't need to actually turn on the OM2, it will still fire and select the proper shutter speed even when the switch is set to off. Pretty cool huh? Might save a second or two so that you can get the critical shot.

Jim Couch

KathyD wrote:

The hummingbirds are particularly aggressive this year.  They are flocking
to the feeder, within 10 feet of our dining room window.

There's a big chest high box from our new freezer in front of the window
(we'll throw it out, but the cats are using it for bird watching right now)

I placed my OM2 with the 135 on the box.  Next to it I placed the EOS with
the zoom.  The time it took to focus the EOS (and in one case, turn it on)
made quick photos impossible.  With the OM, I could just leave it and go
about my chores.  When I saw a hummingbird, I could grab, flick on the meter
(although I had it pre-set), quick fine-focus and shoot.

Back to birding.

kathyD