Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 600mm F8 Cat telelens

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 600mm F8 Cat telelens
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:38:59 -0700 (PDT)
I had one stolen out of my truck about eight years ago.  Didn't
cry too much.  I can count on one hand the keepers/sellable
pictures I have from the lens.

It suffers from classic vibration problems, although much less
than the Zuiko 600/6.5.  Is it sharp?  Yup.  But I found it to
be extremely difficult to focus due to the lower contrast of the
lens.  It just kinda mushes into focus.  No snap.

Somewhere in my boxes, I still have a Canon mount for this lens.

AG