[OM] Albert's quest

Subject: [OM] Albert's quest
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:16:59 -0700
Albert, I do not think I have heard a convincing argument from you on why you want to get a MF camera. I mean, there's nothing wrong with spending your money on whatever you want, but think about the #1 thing that MF gets you - big negatives and higher print quality.

OK, from what I understand, you are very happy with the sharpness of your Zuiko 50/1.8 and the Tokina 90/2.8, so what exactly would a MF gets you? I went through similar exercises a few months ago. My main criteria are sharp pictures in hand held shooting in low light wide apertures. I am happy with my decision. I just thought that you should quantify why you want a MF before getting one.

Remember you were almost ready to chuck that OM-1 when it turns out to have a faulty meter!

Of course, if the reason is simply that you want one, that is fine too. My point is: clarify your expectations, so you won't be unnecessarily disappointed.

Best,