Re: [OM] MF and OM (was: Albert's quest)

Subject: Re: [OM] MF and OM (was: Albert's quest)
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:10:58 -0300

> I recently bought a Y*sh*ca M*t 1-2-4 (*) off the evil one. I don't
> really know why - the bigger neg's won't/probably won't make
> much any difference to the maximum size of print I usually do (and
> I've potentially gone a touch backwards with the c5050z digital if
> going far beyond that is a goal).

Marc, I have one of those Yash*ca Mat 124g TLR's that is supposed to arrive
back here at my house tomorrow night, having just had a CLA from Mark Hama,
who is in the US. I'm not sure why I had it CLA'd, as it really is more of a
novelty or a collector item for me than a user. It will likely find its way
on eb@y soon.

> OM1 are probably the perfect happy medium (ie.
> 35mm film) for the type of work I currently (and perhaps always)
> do

I'd probably go for one of the older 6x6 folders for basic MF if I were
doing it again. Anyways, like you say, MF didn't do much for me with what I
usually print. TLR's look nice, but are too big and awkward to carry much.
Besides, I find myself taking about 90lides these days, and using the
OM's of course.

>I'm yet convince myself to
> "burn" film under the "film's cheap" idea <g>
>Marc

Film is relatively cheap, it is the developing that gets you :-). I've been
burning too much of it this summer. Sooo.. I'm leaning pretty heavy toward
the C5050 for the next purchase. I think we were considering them about the
same time a few months ago, but I've held off hoping for the price to drop.
Surprisingly, it has held pretty even here in Canada. I'd be interested in
your thoughts on it now (off-list I guess??), now that you've had it for
awhile.

Wayne