Re: [OM] OT.. 6x7 or 6x9?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT.. 6x7 or 6x9?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:12:43 -0700
Hey Tom, please don't be so thin skinned. Many of us, certainly including me, are interested in your "Alien experiment" and think you were unfairly attacked. I have always valued your contributions and would ahte to see them chased off by those who don't choose to be civil.

I happen to agree with you about MF, but it is, perhaps inevitably, an interest of several members who are also Oly users. The same thing is true of all the various image making subjects that come up on the list. Many of us know each other pretty well, and who better to converse with than people you know and whose expertise and knowledge you understand? So, for me, the photo OT posts are an appropriate part of the list, within some undefined 'reason', MF, non-Oly digital, etc. When the MF stuff comes up, I can exercise my vote with the delete key and move on, knowing that some other OT thread will broaden my knowledge of photography in an area that interests me.

OK, so Vegemite got more than a bit out of hand, but my delete key was able to handle it. On the other hand, a certain amount of non-photo related banter is a natural aspect of people who are socially involved with each other. Some of it even may help listees who are down, lonely, etc. and find a place to get a human interaction here.

So I vote in favor of compassion, acceptance and non-judgment.

Moose

Tom Scales wrote:

Somebody needs to satisfy my curiosity.  OT discussions of MF cameras are
OK, but OT discussions of Nikon digitals are not OK.

Honestly, since I'll never go MF, these discussions, which come up every few
weeks, bore the heck out of me.

Aren't there any MF lists?

Tom