Re: [OM] OT OT discsusions - was: OT.. 6x7 or 6x9?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT OT discsusions - was: OT.. 6x7 or 6x9?
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:02:16 -1000
Aloha Jim
I would say when a member takes to name calling and abusive language I'm
not going to start it or want to.
For every action (calling and abusive language)
there's going to be a reaction to standing up for yourself to some
degree.

So deciding on allowing name calling and abusive language from a member
has to stop on the reaction side.
We wouldn't do this face to face as easily as the keyboard.

So back to square one; leaning to enjoy OT as well as the OM and not
venting our frustration/
Dark side, some members having a strong arm way of telling you how to
be.

It's hard not too react back with "name calling and abusive language"
when they don't even know who you are.
Not to react is the way but OM - OT+BS =?
OM and the rest are welcome to my mail box anytime.
Daniel

I suppose this is the problem with OT posts. If you allow some, you
pretty much have to allow them all in my mind. Certainly there is no
real difference between MF, digital, scanner, and darkroom OT
discussions in my mind. Unlike the SUV, gun, vegamite, KK topics, at
least they are about photography which seems a little closer to the main

topic.

As for the name calling and abusive language - in my (probably not so
humble) opinion they have absolutely no place here, regardless of what
has gone on before. If folks can't be polite and civil things degenerate

rapidly. It seems to me the lack of civility, not OT discussions are
what have really driven away some long time list members.

Couch