Re: [OM] Albert's quest

Subject: Re: [OM] Albert's quest
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 00:49:32 -0400
Sounds like you really want an 8x10!  Then you could REALLY see the detail.

gregg

Albert wrote:
Richard, it's not my fault..  I blame it on those around me...  (honestly!)

So I get my pictures back, and I think they are beautiful. So, next to me, someone also got their pictures back...

While I made 4x6 prints, he didn't. 645 slides, easy to see with the naked eye, details I can't capture..

Then someone walked between the two of us at the counter.. and got his slides. "When you are doing with the light box, can I use it?" he asked, holding 6x17 trannies in hand..

Now, normally, I'd chalk this up to the "need to be macho" problem.. But it's not. I'm not a "comparison, need to be macho" type of guy, (if I were, I'd buy a Canon white lens already ;-)

But I was just struck by how beautiful trannies from a medium format was, and that is just something I can't get from 35mm. I look at trans from a 35mm, and I mean, the first thing you say is "where's that loupe???" With 645, or better yet, 6x7 or 6x9, no loupe needed. You just look, and are breathless.