Re: [OM] Albert's quest

Subject: Re: [OM] Albert's quest
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 17:45:00 -0400
I'm sure there are people all over digital lists whining and complaining
about their problems with color balance and everything else having to do
with using their equipment - just as there are people posting on film
lists who clearly have no idea how to properly use their equipment. On
the other hand, there are people using digital day in and day out to
earn very good livings - just as there are still some people doing the
same thing with film - from whom you will not only not hear a peep of
complaint, you won't hear anything from them on lists because they're
too busy working. ;-)

And I wasn't suggesting that John, or anyone else has an axe to grind -
I was simply stating facts about using digital. Is the E-20 with its top
ISO of 320 good for available light use? Not hardly. But that has no
bearing on the subject of whether or not digital gear is good for
wedding work. There're a number of reasons why someone such as Dennis
Reggie, who charges more to shoot one wedding - and he is booked every
weekend - than I've ever paid for a car ;-), has switched to digital -
and they have to do with cost savings, efficiencies on numerous levels,
etc.

B. D.