[OM] Slide scanner for OM's (Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3 any good?)

Subject: [OM] Slide scanner for OM's (Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3 any good?)
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:29:26 -0700
I've been interested in entering the digital age a bit more than my current digital point and shoot, and I've been looking at the Olympus E-20, but it seems like there are a lot of negatives to the camera. So my current thought is to wait for the price of the E-1 to come down, and see how it does as a system. There's just not a good digital camera solution for what I want right now.

In the meantime, I'm pondering purchasing a slide scanner as a temporary "digital solution." For the money, is the Minolta Dimage Scan Dual 3 a fairly good scanner? Is there anything around $350 that might be a better deal?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

James.