Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 10:24:48 +0800

The C5050 is the one I was looking at getting if I got one. The instant feedback is the most attractive part.

Olympus c*5050*z - I am loving digital at the moment. The
instant feedback is the biggest plus for me, a "growing"
photographer, as it lets me see the error of my ways,
and correct them, straight away. Educationally it has
been wonderful for me.

2)  Medium Format

As recently mentioned, a Y*shica 124 T*L*R. I am going to
test it, but may not end up using it much (unless I finally
do those courses locally, where I might subsequently take
advantage of their darkrooms-for-cheap-hire-for-members).
This might be the way to "test" your interest in MF, Albert -
they are relatively (to a Fuji RF?) cheap cameras. Mine was
AUS$140.

Yes, I have considered TLR's.. But it is very different from what I was intending to buy; so different in fact, I don't consider it a direct "tester". TLR vs. RF, Square composition vs 6x7 or 6x9..

I use my Om1n + 50mm f1.8 about 900f the time.. My focus is fast, I now know how to "snap" things into focus very quickly, and for things like scenery, I still prefer it to something like 28mm..

Yes, you did read right, most pics are taken with the normal lens, because that's what we are use to, and that is what use to be included with a camera purchase. Lately, they have gone to el-cheapo 28-80mm zoom f-horrible number to f-even worse number..

The only lens that I would probably like to replace my 50mm f1.8 with is the 50mm f2 macro. Still bright, high quality, but get the benefits of macro..

Also, I like the battery independence...

Albert