[OM] Lines on a new monitor?

Subject: [OM] Lines on a new monitor?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 06:39:27 +0100
Dear All

I have just bought a new monitor (my son needed my old one for his new G4 for college), a 19 inch Mitsubishi Diamondtron. But it has 2 lines showing across the screen, 6cm (2.5 inches) from the top and the bottom of the viewing area. Jon Mitchell and Jason Gidden told me that their large flat screens at work had similar lines, but can anyone explain why this should be? Admittedly the lines are pretty faint, perfectly straight and only about 2 pixels wide, but I do want my monitor to start life in full fettle...

OM content: I bought a new monitor so that I could check my scans taken with my OM4. It has sRGB which I hope will reduce inconsistencies in colour spaces.

Chris
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.