Re: [OM] Lines on a new monitor?

Subject: Re: [OM] Lines on a new monitor?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:09:14 -0700
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question406.htm
-jeff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Barker" <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear All

I have just bought a new monitor (my son needed my old one for his new
G4 for college), a 19 inch Mitsubishi Diamondtron.  But it has 2 lines
showing across the screen, 6cm (2.5 inches) from the top and the bottom
of the viewing area.   Jon Mitchell and Jason Gidden told me that their
large flat screens at work had similar lines, but can anyone explain
why this should be?  Admittedly the lines are pretty faint, perfectly
straight and only about 2 pixels wide, but I do want my monitor to
start life in full fettle...

OM content: I bought a new monitor so that I could check my scans taken
with my OM4.  It has sRGB which I hope will reduce inconsistencies in
colour spaces.

Chris