Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Quick Poll, What supplements your OM?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:15:32 +1000
1) Leica Digilux 1 (3.9mp)- and enjoying it. Given volatility, a good didge learning tool. Didn't like ZLR's like the E20/Dimage 7 approach (didn't 'feel' good) but may be up for an E2! A friend said the Digilux looked like a 30yo didge - nice retro and a better feel than the Panasonic version but I paid a lot extra for that red spot! Best part - big screen. Worst part - fixed screen. Most useful accessories - filter adapter, USB card reader.

2) Mamiya Universal - 50mm, 75mm, 100mm and 127mm lenses, 67, 69, polaroid and ground glass backs. Doesn't get enough use - especially the 50mm on 6x9. Also a few Agfa Isolettes - some covered with fancy leather (Handbagfa's) and a Zeiss Box Tengor 6x9.

3. Polaroid 110A converted to 4x5 darkslide (3.25 x 4.25 image). (Rodenstock 127mm) A friend does the conversions as a sideline (sells on ebay) and did me one very cheap with 'scratched and imperfect' parts. Hasn't been out to play yet. No tilt and shift but it's a nifty little field cam. He does some cute stuff with old Cambo Passport cameras as well (4x5 point and shoot!). Home-made 8x10 pinhole (not right yet!)

4. Some vintage rangefinders (Minolta A, Realist 35, Ricoh 519). Kiev 4AM with 50mm and 35mm. Voigtlander R2, 12mm, 15mm, 21mm, 50mm Nokton, 90mm Elmar (love this kit). Black chrome Fed 2 as back up body (plus 55/2.8 Industar 61LD and 35mm Jupiter)

Favorite toys of the moment - OM4 and 16mm, Digilux and R2 with 12mm and 21mm. In one smallish bag. Just can't help myself - the machinery fascinates. One day I'll stop stroking them and take some pix.
AndrewF

I am just curious, as I am sure almost everybody has something other than their OM.

So I was wondering, do you have:

1)  Digital

2)  Medium Format

3)  Large Format

4)  Another 35mm system

As you probably all know, and are bored to death with it, I was going to plot down and get a medium format, but the (conflicting) advice of those around me, have told me I'll be happier with digital as a suppliment, as if I don't do 8x10's often, medium format doesn't buy me all that much, where as digital, instant review and endless adjustments is a better road to take..

And no, none of them will replace my OM. I love my OM, and what's more, it's paid for..

I'd love a digital SLR (and I'd like it to be another Olympus as well) but from the cost and quality I see, not really an option right now.

Thanks.
Albert.