Re: [OM] OM1 metering

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 metering
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 10:53:46 -0700
on 9/3/03 6:06 AM, Boris Grigorov at alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I know what your first question would be: did you have it converted, yes, the
> camera meter was dead and when It was fixed, it got converted.  After it came
> back, I ran a slide film through it, but the conditions were not various and I
> am sure that the lowest speed I used was 1/60.  I also think that the needle
> deviates more now.  To be fair, it exhibited the same behavior before the
> meter died, but the deviation was within 1/3 of a stop.
>
> So what do you think?  Has my meter become like the meter on the OMPC?  You
> can?t trust it in low light conditions?

Boris -- I have two thoughts:

-- The meter was broken and fixed... perhaps the fix has failed and the
meter needs repair again?

-- The shutter speeds below 1/60 are inaccurate, so even though the meter is
accurate, when you think you are getting 1/15 your speed is actually 1/25,
and so forth...?

Either instance suggests that a CLA and repair of this body might be
needed... and you know where to send it <g>.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...