Re: [OM] E1... So what can we really expect?

Subject: Re: [OM] E1... So what can we really expect?
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:25:04 -1000
Aloha C.H.Ling
Why dose anyone really cares WHAT digital camera we get unless I missed
some memo on an all new digital Zuiko lens? (same glass?)
I do confess I got the Oly Z5050C when it came out but I only use it to
dupe and buttbay.
Dan

I don't have a high hope on these areas, the noise of E-1 will be higher
than the others due to sensor size and tradition Olympus style (always
has
higher noise than the other :-)). The "moire"... no, it should be
resolution
problem, 5MP is 5MP, it is not as good as the 6MP one. On the other hand
it
is just test chart results, I hope it can do better in the field.

After playing with a few other brands digital cameras I started to
accept
the noise issue, it won't create too much problem in real life unless
you
always shoot at night handheld, the E-1 seems already as good as film.
In
dpreview the ISO800 samples looks very good to me. The major problem I
found
with digital camera is color and contrast control, Olympus always did
the
best in my experience. But I do feel the price of E-1 is high, it will
be
more reasonable if the price is below $1400 with the standard Zoom.

C.H.Ling