Re: [OM] 2/250

Subject: Re: [OM] 2/250
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:46:38 +0100
That is what the seller is saying:

"The objective was white originally, however, it was blackened at Olympus
afterwards. Now this black color takes turns here and there again,
nevertheless, this has no influence on the operation."

NOT that the lenses were originally white, but that this particular lens has
been repainted.  And I think the description is honest.

But take a look also at the black surrounding the DoF scale.  :-(

While it surely has no effect on the operation, it will be interesting to
see how much effect the so-so paint has on the value...

Piers