Re: [OM] Varimagni Pentax right angle finder

Subject: Re: [OM] Varimagni Pentax right angle finder
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:45:24 -0700
I don't know if the Pent*x M-series right-angle finder does this, but I saw
at a camera show a very nice Le$ca-made right angle finder that didn't
reverse the image right-to-left... The Varimagni finder switches the image
around, I think because it uses a prism (or mirror?) to turn the image
around the corner. The Le$ca finder used a pentaprism, so it was easy to
turn the camera in the correct direction when framing the shot. Although I
have a Varimagni finder, I've thought about picking up a pentaprism finder
of some make just for this advantage. BTW, the guy selling the Le$ca finder
wanted $125 for it... and I don't think it fit the OM finder frame slots
either.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...