Re: [OM] ( OM ) colour prints

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) colour prints
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 11:47:28 +1200
Hi Moose; you wrote

> I hope you are planning to use something better
> than a flatbed scan of the 5x7 if going to 24x36. There will be much
> more detail available in the original film.
>
> Moose

Yep; I have had several High resolution scans made of my choice negatives
and burned onto CD.

My real cheapie flatbed scanner got amazing detail from the print though;
that encouraged me to look deeper.

Frankly I'm amazed at the fine detail on SOME of them; others I will have to
re-shoot.  Lesson? If the image looks good in the view-finder, make DARN
sure you you get some good exposures with the camera & lens held rock
solid and focussed; try ones hardest to get the best. Typically I take one
shot and think "Oh; I can come back" but of course life is not like that.

PS; Yes, I like that shot too; the more I look at it the more I want to see
what I can do with it.  The end result is what counts; I think of Ansel Adams
doing things to his prints in the darkroom (as evidenced in his books), then
set to work to see what PhotoShop can do for this one.

This image also awoke me even more to the potential of light and dark, and
cloud and form; in landscape.

Brian