Re: [OM] the Questionnaire, was Allow me to introduce myself...

Subject: Re: [OM] the Questionnaire, was Allow me to introduce myself...
From: Mike Ferguson <mikeferguson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 01:28:49 +0100
On 6/9/03 1:05 am, "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sir,
>
> I am with the list police and must clear some items with you first.
>
> Your little pamphlet was nice, but to qualify as a list contributor, you also
> must comply in three categories:
>
> Have OM¹s, you obviously qualify (not enough though, we will monitor your
> future acquisition rate, must be within accepted limits)
>
> Have an SUV to haul your OM¹s unless you are Boris or Larry, the only two SUV
> haters allowed on this list. I am Boris and you are definitely not Larry, so
> please, get back to me on this one.
>
> Have some kind of firearm to defend your right to drive an SUV from people
> like me.  Please, get back to me on this one too.
>
> Thank you for your cooperation and have nice day.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Boris

ROTFLMAO

I should start by saying that 'Boris' was always the bad guy in the spy
novels I read as a kid...whatever happened to the cold war anyway?

Alas, I fail on two out of three.

I live in London, ride a motorbike mostly, and when I do drive I have a Fiat
with a 1.2 litre engine.  Mums delivering kids to schools in streets
designed for horses in vehicles designed for Montana make my blood boil...

As for the firearms...well, being from Northern Ireland I've seen first hand
just how pointless and distressing the use of firearms can be.  And as for
the second amendment - go see Bowling for Columbine...  At the same time I
appreciate that shooting guns is a lot of fun, having been an air force
cadet.  Would that we had some way of making sure that we didn't shoot each
other with them.

Is there some sort of forfeit?

:-)

Mike