Re: [OM] Shift lenses - was: Allow me to introduce myself...

Subject: Re: [OM] Shift lenses - was: Allow me to introduce myself...
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 14:46:59 -0700
Another ability that hasn't been mentioned yet is that using a shift lens on
a tripod will let you make 'panoramic' images. A full-left shifted image and
another full-right shifted image will use the whole image circle area,
resulting in a pair of negatives/slides that will scan and merge perfectly.
In effect you have a 24mm x 47mm (for the 35-Shift) or 24mm x 58mm (for the
24-Shift) image. This is similar to what the H*ssleblad Xpan camera does,
but the lenses cost less...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...