Re: [OM] Re: It ain't a Zuiko...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: It ain't a Zuiko...
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 17:41:20 -0700
Interesting in that the Tokina AT-X 50-250 that I have is approximately
the thickness of a lens cap longer than the Zuiko and both use 55mm lens
caps. The zoom/focus ring of the Zuiko does appear slightly fatter and
the Zuiko does seem heavier. I would be hard pressed to describe one as
smaller than the other though.

The Zuiko has the nice sliding metal lens hood typical of Zuiko tele's.
The lens hood of the Tokina is metal, a little over 2" long, about 3.5"
in diameter (about 1" greater than the end of the lens), and can be
reversed over the lens.

I don't know anything about the picture quality of the Tokina. I've had
it only two or three days.

-jeff