[OM] Re: NOW: G5 Memory capability isn't new (as far as I can tell, it i

Subject: [OM] Re: NOW: G5 Memory capability isn't new (as far as I can tell, it is!)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 13:14:42 -0700
>From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Now, now --- let's not let the facts interfere with a good argument for the
>superiority of Macs.

Last I checked, "facts" are proven rather than asserted.

I'm open to argument -- will someone actually addressing more than 2GB per
Intel processor please respond? (Bank switching or silicon disks don't count!)

Surely, in a list of technically sophisticated people interested in computer
imagery, SOMEONE must have broken the 2GB limit, were it actually possible,
with RAM at $130/GB and all!

I'll eat the piece of paper where I read that all other desktop computers
directly address no more than 2GB of RAM if you can prove it wrong... if I can
only find it on my messy desk... :-)

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: HTML email goes right in the trash! Turn off HTML if you want to email me.