Re: [OM] Re: It ain't a Zuiko...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: It ain't a Zuiko...
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:55:48 -0300
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 1:11 PM

> I'm a bit surprised that on this thread, no one has mentioned the metering
> problems that sometimes come up with using third party lenses. Or perhaps
> I'm the only one who has experienced this? I have one Vivitar zoom lens
that
> I just gave up on, as I could not get the metering right with it. However,
> have a couple other Vivitars, a Kiron and a Tokina ATX, that do not show
any
> problems. But I have the best consistency using Zuiko primes, so I use
them
> almost exclusively now, especially for slides.

Can't say I've had similar problems but I only have 1 3rd party lens (Tamron
90/2.5 macro). The only problem I had with it and metering was when I had
remounted the adaptall mount and hadn't set it properly so the body was
thinking it was at f/32 no matter what I set the aperture to.

Andrew "frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/