[OM] Kiron 28/2.0 Any experience?

Subject: [OM] Kiron 28/2.0 Any experience?
From: "Lama \(Jim L*Hommedieu\)" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 19:33:00 -0700 (PDT)
I decided to go back to a faster 28.  A year back I
chucked the Zuiko 28/2 and Series1 28/1.9 when the $30
Tamron 28/2.8 was just as sharp.  (At the time I
didn't need the speed but now I do:  Skunk works
project.  Stay tuned.)

I don't have numbers but I did do tripod-mounted slide
comparisons on the PC with pre-fired aperture and
pre-fired mirror.

Anyway, since neither of the others mentioned was as
sharp as my Sigma 24 nor the Series1 90 macro, I
decided to give the Kiron a try.  Tamron didn't make
an SP Adaptall2 28/2 as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have any experience with this particular
Kiron?

I've been looking on the bay for the 28/2 almost every
week but I haven't seen any in OM mount except
sometimes in the UK.  This week I found one at Henry's
website in Toronto.  They had the Kiron 28/2 and the
Zuiko 28/3.5 for the same $83 US dollars price.  I
jumped on it although I can't claim a Fang.

Is the Kiron 28/2 just an okay performer or a hot one?
 I'll know when I lift it to my eye.  A superb lens is
OBVIOUSLY superior from the first 2 seconds.

Has anyone figured out Henry's web site?  In the Used
department, the FAQ says they list the used stuff by
the store location.  The only store they seem to have
on the web is the main one in Toronto; I think it was
#10001.  I looked at the various other stores' street
addresses but there are no links with them.  I also
tried to hack the store number by changing the url to
point at store #10002.  No joy.  #20001.  No joy.
#30001.  No joy.

Lama