Re: [OM] Kiron 28/2.0 Any experience?

Subject: Re: [OM] Kiron 28/2.0 Any experience?
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:37:22 +0200
I had a 24mm/f2 Kiron for a number of years, but sold it in favour of a
Zuiko 24/2.8. It was very prone to flare despite being multi-coated; in a
side-by side comparison, the Zuiko had a lot less flare. I unfortunately
sold it too cheaply.........

Regards/Mvh.,
Roger Key

Andrew F. wrote:

I like the Kiron - sharp indeed but VERY cold compared to the Zuiko
and much larger (50%?). But then, I haven't used it wide open much at
all. Now I have a weather eye open for a Kiron 24/2 which is much
harder to find. Their 105mm Macro also seems to have a good
reputation (and was also sold as a Vivitar, I believe).
AndrewF