Re: [OM] bright screens, non OM or Beattie

Subject: Re: [OM] bright screens, non OM or Beattie
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 21:27:42 +0800
I have extensive experience on focusing screens, I had one of the special
split screen (I think it was for the T90), the split was seems to be
composed with some vertical straps and it doesn't give very clear alignment
like the normal split. I had reworked one to be used on a OM2n but it was
sold with the camera.

The early laser matte on the C*non was not that bright but finer than the OM
1-series screen. The later one for the EOS6xx series is brighter and further
finer but make sure it is the standard EC-C screen, some others are not as
bright.

Just dig out an old email I sent to the list in April 1999, the EOS screen I
tested at that time was a non EC-C (I had damaged the only EC-C I had at
that time) so it was not very bright but later I found another EC-C and
found its brightness was between the OM 2-series and M*nolta.