Re: [OM] 85/f2 SC or 100/f2.8 MC?

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/f2 SC or 100/f2.8 MC?
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 09:43:51 -0700
Tough choice Roger! I would go for the 85 myself as I like the fact that it is faster. When I am shooting indoors it is a really nice lens, easy to focus and the extra stop can be real handy, especially in a telephoto. It is also so nice and very compact. I actually offed my Tamron 90/2.5 in favor of the Zuiko. with an extension tube or two the Zuiko does real well for most Macro work (unless you are doing flat copy work) and the combo is very light, compact, and easy to carry. Combined with a 28 f/2, a 40 f/2 or any of the Zuiko 50s you have a nice set of fast lenses that all take 49mm filters!

Jim Couch

Roger D. Key wrote:

Here is a decision list members will doubtless wish to assist me with; if I
decide to keep only one of the two lenses in question, should I keep a
single-coated 85/f2 or a multi-coated100/2.8 (both Zuikos)? Both lenses are
in excellent condition. I could mention that I also have a couple of 90/2.5
Tamron Macro lenses (1:2), and a Vivitar 90/2.8 1:1 Macro (I should sell a
couple of those too).

Roger Key, Denmark