Re: [OM] Filter Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter Quality
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:19:59 -1000
B&W do come up as the best overall in most discussions.
Didn't realize some of the lower filters are PLASTIC!
XDan
YMMV ?

I don't have solid, documented evidence that B+W are superior, but I'm
putting my dollars with a well-known, quality product.  I'd bet that
Heliopan or Hoya MC or others are also of similar quality.  I will not
put my dollars into no-name or store brands.

Perhaps I'm a bit snobbish, but I'm not interested in spending my time
testing filters.  I'll just buy something with a known quality and be
done with it.  I've thrown all my old filters out, so I won't be doing
any testing to back up my theory.  YMMV

Skip