Re: [OM] Filter Quality

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter Quality
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 22:30:02 -0300
on 9/09/2003 19:25, Skip Williams at om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Everyone should
Quite agree Skip, but what if you can't find anything but crappy ones
around... especially on 49 mm.

I risked when I bought that funny Sakar filter, and I had already read
Gary's comments (recently quoted by Moose). Now I have a filter I can use
when raining or anything.
Then I have two crappy 49 mm UV, which I take off when shooting on normal
conditions - that 'alien antenna' attempt was kind of exception since I had
recently bought it and was also testing it.
The other 49 mm filter I own is an Olympus linear pol.
On 55 mm I have two Hoya multicoated (1A and UV 0), an excellent Tamron
linear polarizer, a Hoya R25 for b&w and a 80A (...can't remember well) for
tungsten color balancing.
Oh, almost forgot a 49->55 step up ring, and a couple of fog filters which I
never use.
I haven't noticed any optical problems when using my Olympus, Tamron or Hoya
filters (R25 and 80A are not multicoated)... but to be honest I must mention
that I had a hard time after I bought the 49 mm Oly because it had some kind
of silicon lubricant that had spread over the glass, and the Tamron screws
so firmly that it's quite difficult to take it off.

Why am I writing all this, while I'm really getting mad at my 2 failing to
fire the T32 at 1/60...

Fernando.