Re: [OM] T32 is not firing at 1/60 but at 1/30 downwards

Subject: Re: [OM] T32 is not firing at 1/60 but at 1/30 downwards
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:41:11 +0200
Hi, Fernando and all.

>Why on earth would this be happening. On Manual mode T32 on my OM2 will not
>fire at 1/60 but will do it at 1/30 or slower.

This is the behaviour of my black OM-2n. Incidentally, the instruction
manual for the OM-2 tells to set it at 1/30 for manual flash operation.

OTOH, my 'plain' OM-2 has quitted firing the flash at all :-( -- time for CLA!

>About the meter needle: Manual and Auto measures do not differ.

If by 'measures' you mean needle indications, these are very unlikely to
differ... The (rather usual) problem here would be the difference between
needle indications and the *actual* OTF-auto exposure time.

>I had the speeds checked recently and was told they were right.

I've seen an OM-2n firing the flash (in Manual) at 1/125... it suffered
from 'sticky magnet', so the actual exposure time was somewhat longer than
1/60, thus being able to fire the flash (fully open shutter).

Hope this helps,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>