Re: [OM] OT: possible data mining from OM list

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: possible data mining from OM list
From: Regan Conley <reganconley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:22:51 -0400

Email addresses ARE almost certainly being lifted from the Olympus list.
I use a separate hotmail account solely for the Olympus list. I get
several spam a day (the account has only existed for a few months).
That's more likely because you're using a Hotmail address. Spammers use random name generators for Hotmail addresses -- if it doesn't bounce they know its good. I finally gave up my Hotmail addy altogether when the bulk of my mail was for englargements for appendages I don't even have. People in my office occasionally get this nonsense, too, but my home computer is free of it thanks to the filters provided by Earthlink (my internet provider).