Re: [OM] [ot] UK listies.. what kind of power plug?

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] UK listies.. what kind of power plug?
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:30:50 +0930
another cool OT thread... my power plug is bigger then your power plug!!
;-)

the '13A' relates to the current rating  (13 amperes), in Australia it's
10 Amps (15A if you have the bigger earth pin on the plug & socket).

I think the UK plug is unique to the UK - picture the HUGE plug Adam Ant
pulls out of the wall in the 'Antmusic' filmclip ('so unplug the jukebox
& do us all a favour'... oops, showing my age!)

Tandy (radio shack) used to sell an adapter which worked something like
a rub1ks cube (showing my age again...!) to present a variety of plugs &
sockets. just mechanical- no voltage change- so you had to be sure that
what gets plugged in is 'free voltage' (100-250V).

davidt