Re: [OM] [ot] UK listies.. what kind of power plug?

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] UK listies.. what kind of power plug?
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:05:49 -0700
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:54:27 +0930, David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Acer,

now that I've got the wasted bandwidth out of the way with my last post...

here's a picture of the internally fused 13Amp UK mains plug that I know
& love (& have thrown in the bin after taking it out of the cisc0 box-
it's a waste, but not a lot of use here in australia)

http://data.pg2k.hd.org/_c/mechanoids/_more2000/_more03/UK-electric- mains-plug-3-prong-fuse-carrier-in-base-1-AJHD.jpg.html

This is possibly what you want for your trip to the Old Dart?

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog0.000000name=CTLG&category0.000000name=CTLG0.0000000090.0000000010.0000000040.000000000&product0.000000id=980
 00446

Oh my, that's quite a large one! That's used for all appliances then? Even ones that use piddly amounts of current such as VCRs? I can understand it on something like an electric kettle (another british curiosity!) :) Thanks.

--
/S
aim:iddibhai