Re: [OM] [ot] UK listies.. what kind of power plug?

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] UK listies.. what kind of power plug?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:19:41 -0600
At 07:35 AM 9/12/2003 -0700, siddiq (in response to me) wrote:
On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:18:19 -0600, Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Having been to Blighty a couple o' times, I can recommend that you pick up an adapter plug from your local AAA/CAA office, or at your origin or destination airports. Believe me, they're everywhere, and the sales clerks will likely know exactly what you need. You can also find this info all over the Web using the trusty search engine of your choice.

been there done that. all i got was the same cryptic stuff that Julian mentioned (no offence mate). 13A? to me, that's a rotary engine, not a power plug.

Just means "thirteen amps." Which, at 240V AC, means it's packing about twice the total wattage of a standard North American outlet.

I found that, although it wasn't perfect, plug adapters I had for France would work in Britain. Required minor fiddling, and would probably give local electrical inspectors fits.

Anyways, try this URL:

     http://www.voltageconverters.com/plug_adapters.html

That's just one of the first I came up with on a Google. You can also try this one:

     http://traveloasis.com/grounadwa1wa2.html

The above URL seems to have a good guide to the various configurations. Noodle around on their site a bit.

Ciao, mang.  And have fun!

Garth