Re: [OM] Timing of the data - back trigger contact on OM2n Onwards

Subject: Re: [OM] Timing of the data - back trigger contact on OM2n Onwards
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:25:38 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Now, whether the circuit of a camera like an OM-4 would provide an appropriate
> signal to activate a digital back or not, or if a "mechanical" device like an
> OM-1 or OM-1n would be preferable, I don't have any idea -- but I bet someone
> on the list will venture an opinion!

I think this will be the least of the problems.  All CCD's in consumer cameras
have a glass plate installed over them. As an example here's a photo of the
CCD used in the Olympus D-510 camera (2.1MP):

http://olympus.dementia.org/misc/D-510_CCD.jpg

This glass plate would project well into the travel of the curtain in any of
the OM bodies.  The CCD would either have to be modifed or some optics will
need to be designed and placed in front of it so that the image at the film
plane will be re-focused to the CCD plane.  Either option is difficult and
likely not worthwhile.
                                -mark