Re: [OM] 3v lithium battery in my OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] 3v lithium battery in my OM4T
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 08:11:44 +0800
I will try to give some more explanation on that. The OM2sp to OM4Ti circuit
has a voltage sensor, it stop working at voltage of 2.7V-2.8V. The current
capacity of alkaline, lithium and silver oxide are very similar (around
160-185mAH) but both alkaline and lithium battery's voltage will drop
gradually over its service life, the quote capacity is when the voltage
dropped to 0.9V (1.8V for two pieces) and it is clear not acceptable for the
OMs. Probable they will stop working at 1/3 or 1/4 of its quote service
life. The silver oxide battery has a very constant voltage (1.55V) during
its service life and the voltage will drop very fast at end of life so it
will last much longer than the other batteries on the OM bodies.

BTW, the AA lithium battery is another animal, just like the one come with
the Olympus digital camera, it is very strong and even stronger than the
Ni-MH of same size. The voltage will still drop though but the digital
camera has much wider voltage working range, probable up to 1V (each cell)
or lower.

C.H.Ling