Re: [OM] New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:12:41 -0700
A matter of terminology. Shutter lag is 'officially' the time it takes for the shutter to fire when the camera is already focused. John says this in negligible on the E-20. C.H says sure that's true, after you halfway push down the realease and the camera finishes focusing. B.D. says, more or less, "It took forever from the time I framed the shot and pushed the button until the &$@*# thing took a picture." He further points out that that is mostly due to slow focusing. He then says that focusing on the E-1 is much faster than on the E-20.

B.D.'s definition of effective shutter release time seems more practical to me than shutter lag alone. Others might argue that we have to focus our MF OMs before pushing the release. Anyway, whatever the definitions, focus and shoot time is apparently much faster on the E-1 and makes B.D. very happy. If the special Oly friends now have production models, the testers should too, and we should see some numerical comparisons pretty soon.

Moose

ll.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

You say there was shutter lag with the E-20. John H. says there is no shutter lag with either the E-10 or E-20. Who's right? Or are you both right.