[OM] Re: [OT] [ot] electric kettles, was UK listies.. what kind of power

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] [ot] electric kettles, was UK listies.. what kind of power plug?
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:18:35 +1000
Or alternatively, assuming the same current (10A) is drawn by the kettle,
then at 110V the power would be approximately half - therefore taking a
significantly longer time (my Physics tells me it won't be double, but I
couldn't tell you exactly how long !) to boil the kettle.

But of course, it is the Current that kills you - not the Voltage.

Snip

Jon

Somewhere in the shed I have a version which is 12V - for use in cars.
Basically a sheathed spiral element that you just dunk in a cup or pot.
Slow, but effective.
It surely is not the voltage! :)
AndrewF