Re: [OM] New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] New E-1
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:51:56 +0100
Warning, polemic follows:

I suggest that you think of it this way Walt: the E-1 is only 5mp and has obsolescence pretty well built-in. Yes, it is a gorgeous piece of machinery, and it takes lovely photos, but you would surely want its successor within 12 months.

Your OMs have lasted years because they're the top of the pile for 35mm photography... the system may be near the top of the pile, but the E-1 is for the early adopters who can afford to replace it when the next body arrives - within 12 months would be my guess.

Chris