Re: [OM] Re: [OT] [ot] electric kettles, was UK listies.. what kind of p

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] [ot] electric kettles, was UK listies.. what kind of power plug?
From: Terry and Tracey <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:35:52 +1000
It's not the current flowing in the circuit that kills you, but the current
flowing through you. So a higher voltage can be more dangerous. But lower
voltages are more dangerous for fire as they require more current to perform
the same amount of work in the same time - and the conductor size is rarely
big enough compared to higher voltage installations. The differences between
50 and 60 Hz are irrelavent (which I thought was a large gray mammal). Dc
will burn you, AC will grab you. HV will get you bad.

Foxy - 24 years in the power industry and counting.