Re: [OM] [ot] UK listies.. what kind of power plug?

Subject: Re: [OM] [ot] UK listies.. what kind of power plug?
From: Edwin Senior <newshawk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 00:07:49 -0400
What I think you are referring to is one of two items-the 50 watt foreign travel AC converter (cat no. 273-1412) or the 1600 watt foreign travel AC converter (cat no. 273-1413). The 50 watt version is meant for electronics, and the 1600 watt version is designed for higher wattage appliances. They both have three sets of built-in plugs that work for most foreign outlets (including England) and also include circuit breakers for protection of your electrical devices. The 50 watt model is about $22 and the 1600 watt model is $24.

Ed Senior

David Thatcher wrote:

Tandy (radio shack) used to sell an adapter which worked something like
a rub1ks cube (showing my age again...!) to present a variety of plugs &
sockets. just mechanical- no voltage change- so you had to be sure that
what gets plugged in is 'free voltage' (100-250V).