Re: [OM] Reprise What do you use old film containers for?

Subject: Re: [OM] Reprise What do you use old film containers for?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:56:51 +0100
TM is correct - as is Chuck.  This is why:

I had two loose SR44 cells in a pocket of the camera bag.  Went to get them
but could find only one ... plus a lot of grey dust, and two dished pieces
of metal.  Pretty clearly, one cell had bridged the plastic ring insulator
between positive case and negative cap of the other cell, causing a short
circuit.  I assume the result was heat aplenty and eventual  rupture of the
shorted cell, but I wasn't around to witness, nor to measure the shock wave.

I am rather glad it was a pocket of the camera bag and not another kind of
pocket.

Chuck's approach seems good to me!

Piers

PS Would Lithium cells react any differently? ;-)