Re: [OM] Tamron 90/2.5 and Fittings Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90/2.5 and Fittings Question
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:57:32 +0200
Now I have checked the instruction sheet, and the only comment is to set
the lens to the maximum aperture; if your mount has an AE lock mechanism
and is set to the AE position, you should depress the AE lock button to
release the AE setting, and then move the ring to the maximum aperture.

Roger Key

As far as I remember with the Canon adapter, you have to set the lens to
the largest aperture, not to 'A for auto'; I do not have an instruction
sheet at work unfortunately. Some of the other adapters are more difficult
than the Olympus one to get off and on...

Roger Key

Andrew wrote:

Good prices - the 90mm usually sells for $150-200 alone, if it is the
later version with the plastic body and 55mm filter. If not, the
earlier one is heavier, better built and takes a 49mm filter and is
worth almost the same. The tube wil give you 1:1 but is a bit of a
nuisance. Hardly worth the effort.
You remove the adaptor by pushing in a small, rectangular button on
the side - it's the only chrome bit in front of the chrome ring on
the oly mount - that is, it's forward of the two standard Oly
buttons. To remove, grip the knurled ring tightly, press the button
in and turn anti-clockwise while looking from the back (that's
counter-clockwise or widdershins!) It will r4elease after about a
one-eigth turn. To fit the new one, match the green dots and do the
reverse. Make sure that the black lug drops into the slot provided -
you can slide it around one the ring is mounted.
AndrewF