Re: [OM] Tamron 24-48mm

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 24-48mm
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:04:21 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/2003 12:03:39 PM Central Standard Time,
reganconley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm fond of zoom lenses, as I like to shoot a lot when I travel and its much
easier to tote around a couple of zooms than a bag full of fixed glass.
I really like this lens (Tamron 24-48mm) and I also have the 28-48 Zuiko.
Find one with the hood, which is how you attach filters.  It is a bayonet mount
hood and you will also want the front lens cap for the same reason. Bigger
than the Zuiko and more difficult to use (hood, filters, cap, etc.) and wider
which is why I prefer it.  Adorama has the Tokina AT-X  24-40mm in their used
section, which some on the list use. Might be worth checking out.  I've
certainly
been pleased with the AT-X lens I've used.  Bill Barber