[OM] - Questions about Zuiko 18mm f/3.5

Subject: [OM] - Questions about Zuiko 18mm f/3.5
From: "Fab Fior " <flowerside@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:01:49 +0100
Hi all,

I'm back in list after a long time (not that I've been contributing so much,
before, but I did a lot of lurking :)

I've just bought an used 18mm f/3.5 in BGN conditions for a reasonable amount,
and now I have some
questions that, I'm sure, list Gurus will be happy to reply to.

First of all, I noticed (unless my eyes are getting out of service nowadays)
that the lens seems to have
internal (inner) focusing: that is, turning the focusing ring from 0.25m to
infinity (and backwards) doesn't
result in a lens barrel lenght variation, as it is common for most lenses
(although the focusing plane do
effectively moves according to the scale on the lens barrel). Could other 18mm
owners confirm?

Then, when mounting the 49->72mm step up adapter, that sort of "metal ring"
that rises up between the
lens and the filter ring itself starts turning a bit (let's say 5-10 degrees).
Then stops when the 49->72mm
adapter is fully in place. Is this the "correct" behaviour (the metal ring
seems to tighten the 49->72mm
adapter to the lens), or should I suppose something's wrong with it (i.e. it is
getting loose)?

Thanks in advance for all your answers!

Fabio

PS: "Incidentally" together with the 18mm f/3.5 came a 100mm f/2 too... :) I'm
on my way to the deepest
Zuikoholism, innit?

Chi ti ha spedito questa e-mail ha 15 MB di spazio, agenda, antispam
professionale. E tu? Crea anche tu il tuo account gratuito su
http://mail.lycos.it !